The line cook will be responsible for consistent preparation of menu items in accordance with THE THIEF Food and Beverage specifications. Must adhere to all food safety and sanitation regulations.
CORE FOCUS and ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare menu items according to THE THIEF high quality standards and recipes as established by F&B Manager & Assistant F&B.
- Alter menu items to accommodate guests’ dietary needs as requested.
- Communicate with co-workers when taking over and finishing each shift.
- Maintain assigned stations throughout shift, ensure par levels of ingredients and equipment are available.
- Maintain prep work during shift.
- Work efficiently and multitask.
- Work as a member of a team of line cooks to effectively and efficiently prepare each dish.
- Keep the station clean before, during, and while closing each shift.
- Use proper kitchen safety protocols in regards to food preparation (storage, transportation, preparation, etc.) and equipment usage.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Prioritise and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of THE THIEF Culture & initiatives
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.