Providing restaurant guests excellent food quality, consistency, reasonable prices, in an attractive environment, and with professional service. Responsibilities include managing the culinary functions to meet the food quality goals, meeting THE THIEFs, financial goals, facilities maintenance, and personnel development objectives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
CORE FOCUS and ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the F&B Manager and Assistant F&B Manager in providing consistent excellence in quality and presentation of all food to the guests.
- Maintain the standard of excellent quality, responsible for ongoing training and communicating these standards to the staff.
- Produce food on a timely basis and ensure that servers are well educated regarding the menu.
- Participate in service education through daily line-ups, quarterly menu meetings, and new server training programs.
- Assist the F&B Manager and Assistant F&B Manager in training the kitchen staff to produce meals promptly in accordance with THE THIEF standards.
- Assist the restaurant in meeting the financial targets while achieving the food quality and service objectives. If there are structural reasons that the financial goals cannot be met without sacrificing food quality of service, it is the Sous Chefs responsibility to help the F&B Manager and Assistant F&B Manager identify the problems.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities.
- Assist in supervising the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and downstairs prep area.
- Assist in filling any open positions with qualified internal or external candidates.
- Communicate with the kitchen staff, identifying developable personnel and providing the necessary training as positions open.
- Responsible for filling any open positions with candidates who are qualified and understand the standards of excellence required of them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Prioritise and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of THE THIEF Culture & initiatives
- Technologically with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- If applicable, must meet any required minimum age to serve alcohol
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.