Responsible for the management of all aspects of the day to day operation of the food & beverage outlets in THE THIEF, including restaurant and bar. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Works closely with the assistant restaurant manager to monitor the effectiveness of the services and products offered in the outlets and adjust accordingly to ensure maximum profitability of the outlets. Responsible for providing lateral service to other Food and Beverage operations as needed.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff and rectify any deficiencies.
- Review daily sales and resolve discrepancies with Accounting.
- Track revenues against budget.
- Prepare weekly schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts and adjust
schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Compare daily labor costs against forecasted costs to ensure labor cost percentages are met.
- Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Conduct a pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of house accounts and arrivals.
- Monitor the preparation of station assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Inspect all aspects of the restaurant environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Rectify all deficiencies.
- Supervise the timing of one or more events ensuring that all events are ready to start 30 minutes prior to listed time.
- Supervise set up dining, tables buffet tables, coffee breaks and stations according to theme and BEO.
- Coordinate set-up & maintain inventory of all speakers, turntables, etc. (works with the Sales Coordinator to get all relevant info for each event, before each event).
- Manage inventory for liquor, wine, beer, and other beverage ingredients.
- Ensure all employees are fully trained in their job functions.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish.
- Ensure that specified amounts of menus and wine lists are available and in good condition for each meal period.
- Anticipate guests' needs and promote positive guest relations through name recognition at all times.
- Monitor and handle all guest complaints.
- Ensure that all staff closing duties are complete before staff sign out.Update FUTURE menu changes.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact engineering for urgent repairs.
- Do monthly inventories of liquor and wine.
- Prepare and submit daily payroll costs and bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
In addition to the core focus & responsibilities, the candidate is expected to complete the following duties:
- Expedite on the floor and in the kitchen as business demands.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and council employees according to hotel policy
- Attend hotel operational meetings as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of THE THIEF Culture & initiatives
- Technologically sound with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- If applicable, must meet any required minimum age to serve alcohol
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.