The Restaurant & Bar Manager is to support the F&B Manager and act on his behalf when called to or in the absence. The position requires understanding and ability to successfully manage food cost, beverage cost, labor costs, operational costs, service initiatives, marketing, revenue and HR compliance. This position will implement and maintain a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to FOH management. The Restaurant & Bar will work closely with the F&B Manager to craft the food program, ensure maximum profitability of all outlets and excellent levels of customer service and employee morale are achieved.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labor costs, and overall F&B profitability through effective management and support of the F&B leadership team.
- Review daily sales and resolve discrepancies with accounting.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Ensure that F&B management adheres to labor guidelines and hires appropriately.
- Participate in hotel meetings and liaise with other departments to ensure operational efficiency and effective communication on behalf of F&B Manager.
- Offer support to the sales department in accommodating large group requirements with regards to service or facilities.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of house accounts, arrivals and floor presence.
- Manage Capital Expenditures for the F&B division.
- Oversee monthly inventories of food, beverage and equipment.
- Pilot public relations efforts to drive revenue.
- Ensure Customer follow-up calls are completed on a timely basis.
- Must have completed knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts are required.
- Establish rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Establish continuous training and development of F&B leadership staff and oversee, support line staff training programs.
- Support F&B leadership with floor supervision when necessary.
- Support annual F&B budget with F&B Manager and marketing plan in conjunction with leadership team.
- Review weekly schedules and ensure labor is in accordance with staffing guidelines and business needs. Constantly monitor F&B
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings and attend all food and beverage related meetings (BEO, Weekly staff etc.)
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance reviews for F&B and develop quarterly and annual goals.
- Handle guest complaints for the entire area of F&B when necessary.
- Ability to understand guests “Service needs & requests”
- Ability to acknowledge guest requests in a polite manner
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written English
- Ability to apply logical thinking and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to address and solve problems involving guest and operational issues
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations