Short about the job:
Lykke restaurant and bar has a strong focus on Nordic food, drinks, and design. We strive to be the designated choice in the neighbourhood where guests can have their afterwork, lunch and dinner. We have high set goals for the restaurant and bar, and striving to become industry leading instead of following.
- Responsible for high quality service with the goal of obtaining high guest satisfaction, sending out quality products, and work actively with sales;
- Being up to date with the department's goals and objectives and work everyday to maintain those goals;
- Keeping the good spirit and motivation up within the whole team;
- Responsible for your own cashier;
- Keeping the restaurant clean and in good condition at all times;
- Responsible for scheduling and maintaining the revenue per labour hour ratio.
General Hotel Standards:
Working to create unique, personal and memorable experiences to our guests, with the highest possible service standards. Every single employee has the responsibility for creating an outstanding working climate and we help each other out, no matter which department you work in. We as the Nordic Light family always work as the preferred example, we inspire and motivate each other to maintain that standard. At Nordic Light Hotel and Lykke we talk with each other not about each other.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining an outstanding service level in the restaurant according to the set standards;
- Assuring that all products served are spot on and according to the set standard;
- Assuring that other colleagues will follow those standards as well;
- Responsible for your own station and guests, but always ready to help out a colleague;
- Assuring that collaboration between kitchen and restaurant is always functioning;
- Work according to the sequence of service;
- Sales driven;
- Make sure that the mise en place for the shift is always pico bello, assuring that the mise en place for the next shift is in place.
- Always up to date on food, wine and drink menus in the restaurant;
- Responsible for a good working climate and that guests are always happy and returning;
- Responsible for reporting defects or points of improvement to the management;
- Responsible for maintaining reservations in the restaurant and that they are updated in the booking system;
- Responsible for guest flow in the booking system:
- Responsible for assuring that the opening and closing procedures are followed;
- Responsible for keeping the restaurant clean and in good condition at all times;
- Be updated on guest feedback and if necessary be part of the think tank to improve service;
- Responsible for following the cashier procedures and a balanced cashier at the end of the shift;
- Have good knowledge of wine and other beverages;
- Co-responsible for obtaining the hotels environmental goals;
- Always on time before the shift on the floor in the correct uniform;
- Responsible for scheduling of staff and maintaining the revenue per labour hour ratio.
- Responsible for ordering wine and daily used items.
- An true hotel, bar and restaurant enthusiast and willing to grow in the industry;
- Having a great self confidence and take ownership;
- Been working at least five years in excellent (hotel) restaurants of which three years in a comparable position.
- Preferably been travelling and/or working abroad for some time;
- Genuine and honest person;
- Not been taught hospitality, but was born with it!
- Always in for developing to improve, and becoming a leader in the industry;
- A king/queen in telling stories and entertaining our guests;
- Flexible working hours (weekends, late hours, day and evening);
- Able to keep calm and overview in nearly all situations;
- An absolute respect for other people and couldn't care less about gender, religion, sexual preferences, culture, handicap etc.;
- Always an example ambassador for the hotel and restaurant in and out of the job, including on social media;
- Always maintain a good working atmosphere and motivate your co-workers;
- Speaking and writing Swedish and English to professional proficiency.
- Salary according to the HRF “kollektivavtal”;
- Staff discounts at all Nordic Hotels & Resort and Nordic Choice properties;
- Other discounts through NH&R and Nordic Choice
- Friskvårdsbidrag (special discounts at 24/7 Fitness and Friskis & Svettis);
- An amazing group of people to work with;
- Good opportunities to grow further within our organisation and chain.