We are looking for someone to join our wine bar team Blanche & Hierta as a sommelier.
The venue is a rustic and intimate space serving unique wines paired high quality food. The wine lists has around 400 different labels from all parts of the world.
Story-telling and personalised service with attention to detail are the core of our DNA.
Read more about it on:
- Help our head sommelier to develop the hotel's wine program
- Sell and up-sell wine and other beverages to all guests who come to the wine bar
- Take orders and do table service alongside the rest of the team
- Assure the stock levels of drinks are always kept up to par
- Find strategies to minimize wastage
- Train all other team members on wine and digestives when required
Background and personal characteristics
You are an dynamic team player who thrives in meeting all guests with a warm welcome and deliver exceptional service. In addition:
- You have at least 2 years experience working in a similar position at a high end restaurant, wine bar and/or hotel
- Ambitious and interested in working in a high-pace environment with great standards
- Out-going personality who has an easy way communicating with guests. Ability to charm and up-sell to guests.
- Structure and good organisational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and high professional ethics
- Service is your passion and you have a genuine love for food and beverage
- Able to communicate verbally in Swedish and English, additional languages is a plus
Working hours will be mostly in the evening and you will be required to work alternate weekends.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as selection is ongoing. For any questions, reach out to our F&B manager Nuno Almeida on firstname.lastname@example.org.