RESTAURANT MANAGER - MIKLAGARD RESORT
Miklagard Resort will open its doors in the beginning of April 2021. A brand new fully-serviced resort located in a beautiful scenic area overlooking the prestigious Miklagard Golf Course. Only ten minutes from Gardermoen Oslo Airport and 30 km north of Oslo City centre. Miklagard Resort is owned by Aker Property Group and is part of the Nordic Hotels & Resorts family, in company with among others The Thief, Amerikalinjen, Farris Bad, Yasuragi, The Villa and At Six.
Job title: Restaurant Manager
Location: Miklagard Hotel, Væringvegen 44, 2040 Kløfta, Norway
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager with genuine food & beverage knowledge, excellent eye to detail, and great customer service standards.
We need you to possess great interpersonal skills and be able to thrive under pressure and be a focal point for those in your team.
We need you to be committed and proactive, with a passion for outstanding customer care, experienced in stock management and control.
You will direct the restaurant team’s daily activities and objectives to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability, and a positive, productive and engaged work environment. Providing great training and development of the team whilst having a strong hands-on approach.
Requirements & Experience:
- You have minimum 10 years of experience in F&B or hospitality sector and at least 5 years of experience in a similar position leading a team of waiters in multiple outlets
- Passion for food & beverage and unique guest relation skills
- Genuine interest and knowledge of beverages (wine, beer, spirits, non-alcoholic)
- Strong people management skills, ability to set clear objectives, motivate and monitor progress
- Strong business, organizational and analytical skills in a complex, high volume environment
- New openings experience would be desirable
- Delivering and maintaining set targets by the company
- You are eligible to work in Norway
- We need you to have good command of written and spoken English
- You’re mature, patient and confident
- You have a friendly yet professional communication style
- You can work in a high-paced environment, and you know how to make each guest feel special in all circumstances
- You will maintain high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department and restaurant goals
- You're motivated to take personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both guests and colleagues
- Full responsibility of stock management, including inventories and beverage cost
- Full responsibility for organizing and follow up schedules of the restaurant team
- Ensuring all waiters are serving to the standards detailed in the training and operating manuals
- Addressing guest complaints during service in a professional and appropriate manner
- Maintaining par stocks and ordering of all necessary beverages and operational supplies
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining organization of the beverage store rooms
- Conducting regular training with members of the restaurant team
- Assisting with development of the food & beverage concept
Evening / weekend work must be expected.
Responsibilition: March/april 2021 (after agreement)
For questions about this position:
Due to the large number of applicants we will only be able to respond to the applications meeting the criteria’s and working experience.
For more information about Miklagard Resort, please visit us at www.miklagard.no