Food & beverage is a big part of the At Six experience and we are looking for individuals with a genuine, warm personality and a passion for high level gastronomy.
Currently we are recruiting for a head chef to lead our kitchen operation reporting directly to the food&beverage manager.
As a department manager, the head chef is responsible for ensuring the kitchen and stewarding operation run smoothly on a daily basis and that the team is delivering exceptional high-end food products and experiences.
The role requires taking full leadership within the department when it comes to managing people, profit, quality and sustainability.
The position is full-time. Starting date would be preferably in August but can be discussed.
The successful candidate will overview our different kitchens which include restaurant, bar, breakfast, bakery and events.
The main responsibilities are:
- To manage the daily operation of our kitchen and stewarding teams, actively participating in service when required
- To develop and price menus as required seasonally to fit our different concepts and needs.
- To supervise the production of quality food products ensuring high standards are kept at all times
- To develop a strategy plan for the minimization of food wastage
- To assure the development and coaching/training all kitchen team members
- To create schedules on a weekly basis based on the projected business demand levels
- To oversee the daily ordering of the necessary food products
- To perform inventory duties for food related products on a monthly basis
- To lead the recruitment of new team members
- To overview the HACCP control of our operation ensuring we are adhering to the set regulations
- To take an active position in the financial management of the kitchen department
- To act on kitchen related guest requests and problems in a manner that follows the At Six vision, policies and ways of working
Background and personal characteristics:
You are an creative team player who thrives in a high-pace kitchen operation making exceptionally high quality food.
You have at least 3 year experience working in similar position in a high-level restaurant or hotel kitchen
- You have experience working and creating menus
- You enjoy taking a leadership role and have experience in managing a team
Ambitious and interested in working in a high-pace environment with great standards
Out-going personality who has an easy way communicating with colleagues and guests.
You enjoy structure and have good organizational skills
High professional ethics
Luxury hospitality is your passion and you have a genuine love for food
Able to fluently communicate verbally in Swedish or English
Become a part of At Six - apply online
Please submit your application as soon as possible. Selection is ongoing and the position may be filled before last day of application. For more information, contact our F&B Manager Nuno on firstname.lastname@example.org